Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Unreal Candy (BzzCampaign)


I recently joined a BzzCampaign for Unreal candy, and I was excited to give it a shot! I received one free item coupon and several BOGO coupons to share. I picked up the 3 varieties above and was able to try them out.

Unreal was a new brand for me, so I decided to see what they were all about. Turns out, this company is right up my alley! They're a company on a mission to "unjunk" candy. Basically, they take popular candy flavors, remove all of the nasty chemicals and additives, and deliver something that is delicious and far, far better for you!

If you've ever looked at the ingredients on a traditional candy bar, you know it can be kind of scary. They're full of high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, preservatives, artificial coloring,

Unreal uses things like cane sugar, agave, organic oils, and whole ingredients. They even use natural colorants like turmeric and beetroot!

I'll admit that I was a little skeptical about how they'd taste...after all, we're so used to eating foods full of junk. But I'm pleased to report that every variety I tried was delicious!

Unreal 8 is similar to a Snickers bar, and has that same chewy nougat, caramel, and peanut taste and texture - but in my opinion, it tastes even richer and better. The caramel is especially awesome.

Unreal 54 is modeled after peanut M&Ms...they're so good! I love the natural coloring - they're pretty, muted almost jewel tones provided by things like turmeric and beetroot. They lack that strange taste that is in the coating of M&Ms and the focus is all on the chocolate and peanut.

Unreal 77 is their version of a Reeses cup, and they are what you imagine - peanut butter cups. The peanut butter is smooth and true and the simple ingredients are absolutely delicious.

I really, truly enjoyed these candies and I am dying to try their other two varieties! As long as these are available, I will be replacing my traditional candy bars with them. I'd love to see them develop more varieties and really grow the line!

I recommend this line to anyone who likes to indulge in some candy once in a while but wants to put fewer nasty chemicals into their body.



*Disclaimer:  I am a BzzAgent, and I received free and discounted products to try and review. I was not compensated, and all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a really great idea!!! Would love to try these out!!

Andras Green said...

Love this post I just recently did my review on UNREAL candy also.
http://ohhletmesee.blogspot.com/2012/08/unreal-candy-review.html

Becca said...

About how much did these candies cost? Obviously I'm sure with Bzzagent that you got a few coupons to compensate, but I just wondered if you noticed the price.

yousoldtheworld said...

At my CVS, I believe they were $1.19 each for the single bars and bags. So a little more expensive (by a few cents, basically) than some candy bars, but in my opinion worth it. ESPECIALLY the peanut butter cups, yum.


They also have larger family sized bags, but I didn't pay attention to the price of those, as my coupons were for the smaller ones. :)

yousoldtheworld said...

:) Great post. I loved the candy!