Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Glossybox - August

After waiting for what felt like 50 years, my August Glossybox showed up today! This month's theme is "Pure Luxury", and promises rich, technologically-advanced products and sublime colors to help you  revive your body after summer. Sounds nice.



I noticed that my outer mailing box was not taped this month...all I had to do to open it was lift the flap. The only thing missing was my GlossyMag, which I frankly don't care much about. The Glossybox itself appeared untouched.

Everything in the box itself was intact, including the cute ribbon.

I was happy to open my box and see great sized products!

The first thing I pulled out was this Feel like Honey Moon Skin Base by Touch In Sol. This is a primer and moisturizer in one that promises to firm and revitalize the skin and optimize makeup application. I'm intrigued by the little gold flakes it contains! This is a very good sized sample - only a tiny bit smaller than the full size. This has a prorated value of about $17.70!

This is the ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment by Biolage - it's a serum infused with Moringa Oil that promises instant shine and weightless replenishment. It also promises to be good for all hair types.  I love hair oils, so I'm excited to try this! The value of this sample is about $1.14.

This is Truth Serum by Ole Henrikson, and I've heard great things about this in the past, so I'm very excited to try it! It's a Vitamin C complex that nourishes and protects your skin while fighting aging. This is another great sized sample, half of the full size. It has a value of $24!

This is a full sized nail polish by Illamasqua! It promises to be hardwearing and chip resistant. I got the color "Purity", which is a pretty peach creme shade. I've swatched it quickly on a single nail below.

This is a very different color for me, and I'm happy to have it!  It is not quite as pale as it looks in the photo. This polish retails for $14.

And finally, this month's big ticket item - Glazed Lips by Ellis Faas (they also sent out their Milky Lips and Creamy Lips lines.) I am happy to get the Glazed Lips - it's a sheer glossy stain, which is right up my alley. I got the shade L305, which is sheer rusty orange. And how amazing is that packaging?

Now, orange is not a shade I'd ever have picked up on my own, but this one is truly sheer and the texture is great - not sticky, thick enough to be long-lasting, and the gloss is very natural and not overly glossy.

I think I may actually be able to pull off this shade! I am finding it long lasting on my lips. This is a full sized product worth $35.

Glossybox has finally wowed me with this box, as I am excited about every single item in it. And the value of the box is almost $92! Definitely one of the most impressive boxes I've gotten from any company.

Do you get Glossybox yet? What do you think of this month's box?






6 comments:

Sara Baker said...

You got some great goodies this month, would love to hear what you think about the primer/moisturiser:)
Sara xx
http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

yousoldtheworld said...

I plan to try it out over the next several days, so I'll make sure to report back!

toxycat said...

Wow what a fab box this month.......still never treid Glossybox....but that looks pretty impressive!!
http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

souly said...

I waited 60 years for mine! I got the same polish. Its so not me but I'm going to give it a try anyway. Great gloss color on you!

yousoldtheworld said...

I thought it was great this month, I really hope they keep it up! So far, I have found it worth the cost. :)

yousoldtheworld said...

It's not my usual thing either, though I have been considering finding a glittery/shimmery topcoat for it, that would make it suit me, I think. :)


Glad your box finally came! :)