Friday, August 24, 2012

myGlam - August

Well, this is the first one of these I've gotten in a while! I had signed up for myGlam near the beginning, and ended up unsubscribing after the horrendous February bag. I did keep my eye on the bags over the last few months, though, and they'd drastically improved, so I decided to give myGlam another shot. This is my first bag of our reunion.

August's bag has a theme of "Endless Summer" and it consists of 6 items.

I'm glad to see that myGlam still uses these cute pink mailers. I love to save and reuse them.

I really like the bag itself this month. It's an orange mesh bag with pink trim...I love the idea of a mesh bag to keep in my purse, makes it easy to find things.

The first item I pulled out was this sample sized shadow by s.a.l.t.y. These mineral shadows are blended by hand by a very small company...just the kind I like to support! The shade received is "Glama-ZOID" and it is specially made for myGlam! It's lovely - beautiful white in the jar, but it applies with an iridescent pink sheen. I can see myself using this color nearly daily.

This is a perfume roll on by Demeter! myGlam sent out two different scents this month, and I received the "clean skin" scent. It is much like it sounds - a very soft, clean scent. It has notes of bergamot peach, orange, lemon, white rose, and vanilla. This is a great scent for times you want to smell clean, but not noticeably perfumey. Love the rollerball to keep in my bag!

The next two products are both by eclos, which is a skincare company that uses plant stem cells in their formulas. The first item is this Cellular Activator Facial Serum. It promises to revitalize fatigued, stressed skin, and minimize damage and aging. I love serums, so I'm excited to try this out. I love the sample size, too.

Also by eclos, this is the Anti-Aging Regenerative Cream, and it is a moisturizer meant to be used day and night. The texture seems nice, not too light and not too heavy. I'll be trying this and the serum together to see what they do for me.

This is a full sized nail polish by Andrea's Choice. They sent out two different shades from the Circus collection, and I got "Spectacle", which is a truly neon orange. I mean, NEON. I love it, and it's different than anything else I have! I can't wait to try it out and see how the formula works for me.

And finally, the sixth item is a bonus - Glam Gloss. They sent out two different shades, I got 01 which is a light pink. I tried this out and I think it's nice - it smells like bubblegum and the texture is somewhat thick, but not tacky. It leaves a soft tint and light shimmer. I can see myself using this regularly...and the size is great.

In all, I think this is a really great bag! myGlam has really stepped up their game. We got 2 nice sized skincare samples, a good sized fragrance, a full sized gloss and nail polish, and a deluxe sample eyeshadow. I love the variety, and there isn't a single item I won't use. Hooray!

Do you sub to myGlam? What do you think of your bag this month?

3 comments:

Ms. Ann Mowet said...

I've seen a lot of bad reviews on them lately but I must say I like this bag.

www.ohhletmesee.blogspot.com

Kellina's Thoughts said...

really great bag! they are definitely summery items!


http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

souly said...

Looks like a awesome bag for $10. I'm on the waiting list ")