Monday, March 26, 2012

All About Me

I was tagged by Vee from glamourdolleyes to do the get to know me tag.  I never do these, but none of my readers here know much about me, so why not?

The Rules 
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.

All About Me! 
1. I have a HUGE immediate family, and there is a 10 year gap on both sides of me.  I have five brothers and two sisters, all half.  I'm my dad's oldest, my mom's youngest, and the only kid they had together.
2. I am a huge animal person and I have a very spoiled, very loving 2 year old pit bull named Rowan and two cats named Edgar and Lucy.  
3. I work at a home for profoundly disabled children, both mentally and physically handicapped.  I love my job most of the time.
4. I'm addicted to beauty products of all kinds, and I have a hard time resisting spending what little extra money I have on them...if I had my way, my apartment would look like a Sephora warehouse.
5. I'm on a mission this year to go green.  I'm using up the rest of my "non-green" products, and I've vowed to by only natural products once they're gone WHEN POSSIBLE.  In some cases, I haven't found a good green alternative yet.
6. I spend the vast majority of my life in scrubs and pajamas, but when I do wear real clothes, my favorite things to wear are dresses!
7. I absolutely love to read.  It bums me out that I work so much because I rarely read anymore.  One of my goals for this year is to read at least one book per month.
8. I've never been on a vacation.  I want one.
9. I love jewelry, but it looks stupid on me.  Same thing with lipstick.
10. I am a strong advocate for equal rights and treatment.  People are people regardless of race, gender, orientation, gender identity, or social class.  I have little tolerance for bigots.
11. I have seen every episode of Gilmore Girls probably 10 times.

Vee's questions:
1. What's your favorite eye shadow? Oh, man...I'm not sure I have one favorite.  I really love the mineral shadows from Elf because they're so cheap, have decent pigmentation, and go on smoothly.  I do wish they had more color variety. I'm still on a quest to find the perfect brightly colored, affordable, paraben free shadows.
2. Do you have siblings? What are their names?  MANY, as I explained above.  Their names are (in order of age)  Dominick (39), Stacy (38), myself (27), Grant (17), Hope (16), Lane (13), Luke (7), and Samuel (15 months).  Yes, I know.
3. What is your favorite song? I have many, but I think the two best songs ever written are Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen (love the Buckley and Cale versions too) and Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan.
4. What is your favorite animal?  I love dogs.  My favorite "more exotic" animals are red pandas and penguins.
5. What is one item you just can't get to work for you? Fake lashes!
6. What is one trend you just couldn't stand? Jeggings, unless worn under a dress.
7. What is your favorite TV show? Gilmore Girls, Supernatural.
8. If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would it be? I'd love to see Hawaii someday, and I'd love to go to London.
9. What is your favorite nail polish? I'm not a nail polish person, but I do like the Zoya Feel collection.
10. Have you ever been to a concert? What was your favorite? Hundreds of local ones, but my favorite live show I"ve seen has been Bob Dylan.
11. What day is your birthday!? April 22, which is also Earth Day!



I'm going to break the rules a bit and tag people later...I have to be productive for a bit, lol.

No comments: