Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Favorites of 2012!




This year, I discovered a lot of great things! Rather than my usual end of month favorites list, I decided to do this tag that I saw via BohoVanity. Feel free to let me know your favorites in the comments, or post this yourself and leave the link for me to check out!


Beauty

Favorite... 

Face product?

I just started using foundations and the like again this year after several years without. I tried quite a few I liked, but my favorite, hands down, is Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. It is just the right amount of coverage for me, and I love the soft look and texture it gives my skin. My other products just sit unused, now!

Cheek product?

I have several blushes I've been loving this year, but the one I reach for the most is my Cargo ColorStick in Maui. It's the perfect neutral rosy shade...the cream to powder formulation is amazing and it's so velvety and easy to blend. It works with both warm toned and cool toned looks.

Eye product?

This is a hard one for me, as I am a sucker for eye makeup above all else! So, I'm choosing a product and a brand. My favorite single product of the year is theBalm's Body Builder mascara...this has become my holy grail mascara. It provides great volume and amazing length, dramatic without being over the top. I adore it.

And my favorite brand this year is Glamour Doll Eyes. Absolutely gorgeous loose pigment eyeshadows at a great price...pigmentation and texture are both always amazing. It's a small indie company, which is an added bonus. I can't wait to use up the shadow stash I have so I can buy more.


Lip product?

I rarely care for lipstick, but I fell in love with the Kryolan lipstick made for Glossybox...it is the perfect pink for me and I love the formula. It stands out above all other lip products I have used this year.


Skincare product?

Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap is a skin savior and by far the best cleanser I've ever used. It has changed my skin for the better and I hope to never be without it! The company in general is amazing and makes wonderful products.

Nail polish?

Not a huge polish fan, but I am in love with Zoya Storm...a gorgeous black with lots of silver holo glitter. The formula on every Zoya product I've tried is amazing and it's the only polish I get excited about.

Hair product?

I don't get as excited about hair products, but I tried and loved Orofluido elixer! Leaves my hair silky smooth and shiny. The best hair oil I've ever used.

Body product/perfume?


I discovered my all time favorite fragrance this year - Pure Vanilla by Lavanila. SO GOOD. It's a grown up vanilla that doesn't smell like baked goods, but has a bit of depth to it. Delicious.


Fashion


Favorite...


Clothing piece?


I'm not gonna lie, I spend at least 40-50 hours of my week in scrubs, and most of the rest of the time in pajamas. I truly do not have a favorite clothing piece this year...hopefully that will change this next year!

Accessory?

I am in love with the Big Buddha pleated hobo I got from Little Black Bag. I change my bags up about twice a week, but I go back to it the most often. It's the cutest green color with a great lining.

Shoes?

Again, I mostly wear my work shoes, so my favorite shoes of the year are the goofy looking blue and grey Reebok ZigTechs I wear to work, and my silver leopard Allegria maryjanes!


Random


Favorite...


TV Show/movie?

I am a little obsessed with American Horror Story, by far my favorite new show.

Book?

Sadly, not much reading this year...but I did enjoy how terribly written the 50 Shades series was!

Beverage?


Tea. Iced, hot, flavored, green, black, white...I live on it.


Song?


I listen to more music than most, but there is not a notable song in particular that I find stands out this year, most that I listen to is not really well known. My favorite radio hit was probably Hey Ho by the Lumineers.

So, what did you love this year?

4 comments:

Krystal Dee said...

I did the tag too http://www.glamourgirlreviews.com/2013/01/favorites-of-2012-tag.html

yousoldtheworld said...

Awesome, great choices :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://teplo-park.ru/zhidkotoplivnye_gorelki]Жидкотопливные горелки[/url]

Anonymous said...


Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was really informative. Your site is extremely helpful. Many thanks for sharing!