Sunday, January 19, 2014

Popsugar Must Have - January 2014

Getting my Popsugar box is usually one of the most exciting parts of my month! So needless to say, I was super excited to find it on my porch yesterday.

The Popsugar Must Have box is a little different than most of my subs. It isn't just a beauty subscription...it actually offers a little bit of everything! The boxes contain Popsugar's must have items in categories like beauty, fashion, food, and home! I've gotten everything in these boxes from jewelry, scarves, makeup, chocolate, wrapping paper, books...it's always a fun variety and always things I am excited to try.

The included booklet tells me that this box is designed to help you check off your thoughtful resolutions. I love their booklet because it always tells why they chose the items, which often makes me appreciate them more!

This month's box is packed nice and full! We received six items. I appreciate that Popsugar always sends a variety of full sized items. Here's what we received for January!

Must Have Food

 Pipsnacks White Truffle Pipcorn - Pipcorn is mini popcorn. The kernels themselves are small and bite-sized! The bag, however, is nice and large. This popcorn is delicious! It is flavored with white truffle, and in just the right amount...it adds a bit of amazing flavor, but is not overwhelming! I love that the ingredients are so simple - just popcorn, olive oil, truffle, and salt. Awesome! I have never tried truffle on popcorn before, and I am really glad I got the chance to...it's delicious! The small size of the kernels makes it super easy to eat, as well.
The Juice Generation book - This is a great book that introduces you to juicing. It has 100 recipes for juices and smoothies, and also just a lot of information on the benefits of juicing, as well as how to combine fruits and veggies for maximum benefit. It's a beautiful book! I don't have a juicer, but I am definitely interested in incorporating more of these things into my life.


Must Have Beauty

Revlon by Marchesa Box o' Files - This is just a box of pretty little nail files. They're dual sided to shape and smooth the nail...but more importantly, the print on them is just beautiful! I can always use nail files, and I'll be happy to keep these in my bag and whip them out in public. So cute!

Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask - This is a foaming gel mask that uses antioxidants and vitamils to cleans pores, hydrate, and brighten. I love this brand, and I was SO excited to get this mask! I tried it, and it is amazing and different from any mask I've ever tried! It really does bubble and foam on your face...so much that it tickles a bit! It left my skin feeling nice and bright and fresh...I will be adding this to my regular mask rotation. Love it!

 Must Have Home

Rifle Paper Co. 2014 Flip Around the World Calendar - This is a desk/flip calendar featuring adorable illustrations of various international cities. I adore this! I love the style and quality of it! I will use it as my desk calendar for the year, then next year, I'll use it to make super cute greeting cards. I do wish the section with the actual calendar was large enough to write on, but no worries, it's still adorable and functional for me.

Must Have Fashion 

Jack + Lucy Tech Gloves - These are cozy gloves that allow you to still use your smartphone or other touchscreen device while wearing them. I so needed these...I was relying on the fold-back kind, which work but when you fold them back, your fingers FREEZE. I live in Indiana, so I need to keep my fingers covered in the winter! These are simple, dark gray with black tips on the "tech" fingers. They will match all of my coats and jackets. They are thick enough to be warm, but not so thick as to be bulky or to be unsuitable for chilly fall or spring days. I'm excited to get them!

Overall, I think this is a really nice box! I love the variety of items, and the mask, calendar, and gloves have already gone into regular use! There is not a dud item in this box. I am excited to see what we'll get for February!

I have consistently been happy with my Popsugar boxes so far and when my sub runs out, I will definitely consider continuing my subscription as a birthday gift to myself! What do you think of these items?

If you haven't tried Popsugar yet, feel free to sign up using my referral link!

No comments: