Friday, May 17, 2013

Birchbox: May 2013 - Beauty Diaries

Birchbox went with a theme of "Beauty Diaries" this month. I'll admit, I don't really "get" the theme, but hey, no big deal. I generally find the themes of these boxes to be kind of arbitrary, anyway!

I received six products this month - five beauty products and a lifestyle extra!

First is a Color Contrast eyeliner mini by Sumita. I have to admit, I was a little bummed by this - Birchbox had said in their preview video that they were sending out fun colored liners, which I was super excited about, and of course I ended up getting black. Boring! However, the liner feels soft and smooth and I think it will be great, so I'll just enjoy the travel size to put in my makeup bag. If it is long lasting, I might go ahead and buy myself some of the colors!

This is Marvis Classic Mint toothpaste. I have been curious about this for a long time! It is imported from Italy and promises a strong peppermint flavor. I know fancy toothpaste seems like a weird thing to get excited about, but I've heard great things. Plus, the packaging is super cute!

This is Coola Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer. It is what it sounds like - a moisturizing sunscreen with the scent of cucumber. This has organic anti-aging ingredients, and it is a mineral sunblock (a physical one, not chemical!)  I am super white and burn incredibly easily so I am super happy to get this. I hate the way most sunscreens smell and this one smells pretty amazing and refreshing. I can't wait to try it out.

This is the Obliphica Nourishing Mask by amika. It is a super conditioning hair mask that promises to boost shine and repair damage. I love hair masks - my hair is thick and I abuse it with color and the flat iron, so this is very welcome in my box. It smells pretty amazing!

Isaac Mizrahi's FABULOUS is a blen







No comments: