Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Look Bag - October

I used to subscribe to The Look Bag. They had many issues, but nonetheless, I always liked the bags that I received. Then, a few months ago, they stopped their subscription service. They soon announced that they would start up the service again, with some changes.

After revamping the program, they relaunched this month.  So far, the changes I've noticed are decent. The price has increased from $10 to $12.95. Along with the price increase, they now promise at least two full sized products per bag! They also promise higher quality products, better shipping, and a charitable donation for each bag sold. Out of curiosity, I resubscribed. I just wanted to see what they would come up with!

I received their first bag since their relaunch yesterday. Here's what I got!

They still come in these little organza bags. I love these - I keep them to store hair ties, bobby pins, and packet samples. This was in a padded envelope and was also wrapped in bubble wrap, so everything was safe and secure.

The cute card explains some of the changes at The Look Bag and talks a little about fall products. On the back is a list of this month's products.

The first thing I pulled out is the only thing in the bag that is not full sized this month! It is an either/or product - you either received this body wash sample, or a sample of their Bare Foot scrub. I actually own the full size of the scrub, so I was happy to get this body wash. I tried it out today and I really liked it! It smells great - cucumber, melon, and ginseng. It lathers well and left my skin nice and smooth. 

This lip balm by York is nice and also appears to be full size. It has a light peppermint and chocolate scent and a slight flavor...it's not overwhelming at all! It feels nice on the lips, and I love that it does not contain petroleum. I love the square shape...makes it easy to find in a bag!

This is a full sized polish from POP Beauty! It promises not to stain the nails, and contains nylon to strengthen and lessen chipping. This is a black crackle polish! I tried it out over an orange polish yesterday and it was so cute for Halloween!

This is the Lip and Line Primer by Pixi. It's a two in one product! One side is a nude lip primer that neutralizes lips for product application, and the other side is a clear lip liner that prevents feathering and bleeding. I love pixi products, and I'm excited to try this one!

And finally, a full sized stila eyeshadow! The color is Sajama, which is a matte dark bluish gray. It's part of the mineral matte line, which is no longer available. The color is so pretty, and it works well wet as a liner or dry for contouring. Great for fall.

All in all, I am really happy with this month's bag! Four full sized items, three of which are makeup - that's pretty impressive! It seems that The Look Bag has really improved their service and offerings. I can't wait to see what future months bring!


Disclaimer: I bought this product with my own money. I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are my own.



4 comments:

BatanEyelash said...

That does look like a really nice bag. I wasn't subscribed before but I'd consider it now. Do they say which charity they donate to?

yousoldtheworld said...

I don't know that they've said what charity, as of yet. I actually didn't know anything about that part until I saw it on the card. Must be a new thing?

Kellina's Thoughts said...

That is definitely a great bag of products! Definitely worth the money!


http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

yousoldtheworld said...

I think so too. I especially love the black crackle polish, I'm having a lot of fun with it for halloween looks :)