Saturday, July 14, 2012

Birchbox - July

This month, Birchbox teamed up with Glamour magazine to send us a box themed "the five senses of summer". I always love the partnered boxes, so I was really excited to get this one! Here's what I got this month.

I think the little sleeve it came in is adorable.

The intro card talks about wanting the box to be a multi sensory experience. Fun!

This is one of the "see it" items - a full sized Skinny liquid liner by Eyeko. I am so excited to get this, I love liquid liner and this one has a marker tip and serious staying power! I do wish I had gotten it in a fun color for summer, but I can always use a great black liner. This liner retails for $15.

This is my "taste it" item for the month - minteas by Tea Forte. These are tea infused mints that are supposed to be energizing. I got them in cocoa mate, and they smell delicious. Love the little tin, too.  A 3 pack of these tins retails for $9.95.
 
This is my "hear it" lifestyle extra this month - Birchbox branded earbuds. I love the colors of these, super cute! The sound quality isn't amazing, pretty standard for cheap earbuds, but they will be great to keep around for a backup. I tend to be really hard on earbuds, as I take them everywhere with me, so extras are necessary. These aren't currently for sale, and are a subscriber bonus.

The little package is always my favorite part of my Birchbox. I just really like opening things.

Another "see it" item - Color Club summer pastels polish in Blue-Ming. How pretty is this color? I have tried Color Club polishes in the past and found them too thick and clumpy for my taste, but this one seems smooth and nice, so I'm excited to try it. The full sized bottle retails for $8.

This is my "touch it" item this month - City Sunscreen Serum by Supergoop! This is a weightless sunscreen serum. I am super pale and need sunscreen always, but I hate the thick heavy feel of most of them, so I'm really excited to see how this works for me. The full size bottle retails for $42.

And finally, my "smell it" item - eau flirt by Harvey Prince. As I've posted here many times before, I love Harvey Prince, and they're probably my favorite perfume maker. I already own and adore eau flirt, but I am happy to have this little sample to keep in my bag for touch ups. This is a great scent, with a lavender pumpkin base. It's not too heavy or too light. Love it. The full sized bottle is $55.

In all, I am really happy with my box, and I'll be trying everything out. I love the themed boxes, and hope Birchbox keeps them up! If you still haven't signed up for Birchbox, my referral link is here. 

What did you get in your box this month? Or, what are your favorite products for summer?


12 comments:

Ashley said...

I didn't get a very good box this month it was just kinda blah! I like yours a lot that color club polish is a really nice color.

Shopping Obsession said...

Great box. I'm subscribing to GlossyBox and Julep currently. Heard so much good reviews about the birchbox.


Found your blog through blog-hop, following you :)


http://mui28.blogspot.com

yousoldtheworld said...

I love the Color Club shade, but the formulation is TERRIBLE. Super streaky and hard to apply...sad! :(

yousoldtheworld said...

Followed as well! I sub to Glossybox as well! I've only gotten one box so far but I loved it.


Birchbox has generally been pretty awesome for me, too. I love their points system! :)

Shoba Anneka said...

great box! love the pastel nail varnish!

http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

Stacie said...

Love the look of that color club polish!


I'm a new follower on GFC & Bloglovin from BlogLoveTherapy Blog Hop - stop by my blog and say hi :)
http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

Kay Baninibeauty said...

The nail polish colour is so pretty! The tea forte mints sound delicious, I wonder if I can get them here in the UK!
New follower here, I found you from blog hopping!
Kay.
http://www.banini-beauty.blogspot.com

sarahlf89 said...

hey, lovely blog :) i found you on the Bloghop xx


www.simplysarahlou.blogspot.co.uk

yousoldtheworld said...

I love the color of it too! It goes on streaky, but after a few coats is fine! :)


Thanks for the visit, followed!

yousoldtheworld said...

It's a perfect summer shade! I don't care for the formulation but it's fine after a couple of coats!


I've followed you! :)

yousoldtheworld said...

I love the mints! I was worried they'd be too chocolately, but they have just a hint of cocoa. I want to try all the other flavors now. Love the nail color, too!


I've followed you!

yousoldtheworld said...

Thank you! I've followed you as well!