Monday, December 16, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag - December 2013

I'm a little late on this one. I managed to catch a really awful stomach flu this week and I have just now started feeling like a person again! Happily, I have several subs to help me feel better. This month, I actually got my Ipsy and Birchbox on the same day! Exciting! My Birchbox was really great, so I was hoping for a great Ipsy bag, too!

The theme this month is "Celebrate!", which is pretty fitting for the holiday season.

The bag this month is so cute! It feels nice and sturdy. It is the exact same color/pattern as my train case, so I'm pretty excited about that!

POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life eyeshadow trio in Smokin' Hot - This is a shadow trio with silver, grey, and black. I like gray shades, so this is a good choice for me. There was another trio sent out that was neutral browns. I'm glad I got this one! I got a POP beauty shadow in a previous sub a while back, and it wasn't very pigmented...but I am happy to give these a chance.

NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Cream - This is a creamy lipstick. Now, the picture makes this look pink. It is NOT. It is a beige with gold shimmer. And honestly, it is just ugly. I really like the feel of the formula, but I cannot see myself wearing this shade. I tried it on and it instantly made my skin look more pale, and my dark circles more dark. I looked like Uncle Fester! They sent out many different shades this month, I just got unlucky. I'll try it to add a bit of shimmer to dark or bright shades.

Ardell Natural lashes in Demi 120 - These are cute natural looking fake lashes. I cannot wear lashes to save my life. I've tried every tutorial out there. I've watched youtube videos, read blog posts...and I still end up with the lashes half glued to my eyebrow with my eyelids stuck together. I may give these another shot just because I really like the look of them.

Nicka K New York nail color in Taupe - This is a purpley taupe creme shade. They sent out several different polishes this month...and honestly, this one (and this shade specifically) is the one I was really hoping NOT to get. I just dislike taupe...I think it's kind of hideous. The good news is that the formula on this one is really nice! I just can't see myself actually wearing it.

Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Girl Crush - This is a multi-purpose stick that can be used for cheeks, lips, or eyes. The shade I got is Girl Crush - a light pink with sparkle. It is a cute color, but it is pretty light so I likely won't use it on my lips. It is very subtle on my cheeks since I am also pretty pale. I would have liked one of the brighter colors more, but this is a nice product.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this bag. The products themselves are really nice, and the sizes are great. I just feel like I kind of lost the lottery when it comes to shade variations received! It's okay, I'll find someone to gift the polish to, I'll use the one stick, and I'll find a use for the lipstick.


Have you tried Ipsy yet? If not, feel free to sign up using my referral link! If so, what was in your bag this month?


No comments: