Monday, March 25, 2013

Starlooks Starbox - March 2013

My favorite sub arrived today! We have been buried under a metric ton of snow, so I needed the cheer!

Starlooks Starbox is a sub that sends out 3-4 of their full sized makeup products a month. The quality is fantastic, and it's just a great sub and a great value!

They had played with the idea of starting a 3 month rotation - one month of neutrals, one of bold, then one of mixed, then repeat...but after receiving feedback, they decided not to go that route and instead try to send out something for everyone in each box. This box is considered a "mixed" month!


This month's box is a cute brown with blue print. I love that they change up their boxes to suit each month!

This box has three makeup items and a bonus! I love the card they send - it has little usage tips for each product as well as the retail price.

First, we got a brand new product - mascara! This is a HUGE lengthening mascara with a very fluffy brush. I love fluffy brushes and I am so excited to try this out. The packaging feels nice and expensive.

Next, an eyeshadow in "Disarray"! It looks brighter in the picture - it is actually just a beautiful navy blue with the slightest hint of shimmer. On the skin, it is nice and neutral - a grey navy hybrid. It feels nice and soft as all of Starlooks's shadows I have tried have been. It goes on sheer enough to be wearable but is easily buildable if you want it bolder.

This lipstick is in the shade "Flutter", and it is a frosty rusty golden bronzey red. It is warmer than I usually wear, but it is surprisingly nice and not too crazy looking! I'm excited to try this out with a neutral eye! The formula feels pretty good, and seems like it will be long lasting.

And finally, the bonus - A Starbox exclusive lip sugar lip scrub! This smells just like sugar cookies, tastes yummy, and is perfect for dry wintery lips. I have been wanting a scrub, and this is a very welcome addition to my box. Yum!

Here are quick swatches of the shadow and lipstick. Both are beautiful!


Yet again, I am beyond pleased with my box! These products are great for spring. Yet again, I can't recommend Starlooks Starbox enough! Now, I'm off to ignore the snow and play with my new goodies...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked
up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the web
site many times previous to I could get it to
load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email
and could look out for much more of your respective fascinating content.
Make sure you update this again soon.

Here is my page: getsmarq.com