Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Glossybox - November

For November, Glossybox went with a theme of "Tis the Season", promising gifts of luxury for the holiday party season. I actually got my box before I got my shipping confirmation, so its arrival was a surprise this month!

Here's what I got this month!


It's a small thing, but I always appreciate the cute little GlossyMag they include...it gives me something to leaf through on my breaks at work!


I continue to love the way Glossybox is packaged. Even if the contents are less than exciting, the little ribbon and paper make it feel like a present. I got five products this month.


Incoco Nail Polish Applique - A nail applique strip made of 100% real nail polish including base, color, and top coat for brilliant, long-lasting results. 

These are a pretty, shimmery deep red color. I have used similar strips before and I love how smooth and long lasting they are! I have already set up a trade, I'll be trading these for one of the perfume sticks they sent out this month that I did not receive, but they look like a good product!

Nume Style Arganics Argan Oil - A perfect complement to any hair and skincare regimen, this argan oil is rich in Vitamin E and other beneficial fatty acids.

This is my least favorite item in the box. While I love hair oils, we've gotten so many lately, and this one is actually full of tons of silicones, and the argan oil is far down in the ingredient list. I dislike misleading names like this.

We also got a code for $100 off Nume styling tools...I don't heat style my hair, so if you're interested in this code, let me know and it's yours!

Skin & Co Roma: Truffle Serum - Give your face a boost and slow down signs of aging using this Italian serum infused with peptides, pure extracts of tuber melanosporum and hyaluronic acid.

I find this product interesting. It is, however, a very small amount of product in a too-large tube. There is enough for several applications, though, and I tried it this morning. Feels nice and light going on. 

Kryolan for Glossybox Blusher in Glossy Rosewood - The micronized pigments in this semi-transparent cream powder allow for a vivid yet light application.

This is the product that I was supposed to get last month, but it was missing from my box, and then they sent me a different (but higher value) replacement. So, I was really excited to get it this month! I LOVE THIS BLUSH. It goes on smooth and blends beautifully, and is sheer and pretty. Love it. This is by far my favorite item in the box.

Illamasqua LTD -Lip & Eye Medium Pencil - Designed to glide over your skin and create a long lasting highly pigmented finish, this creamy pencil lets you write a different story with every look.

I received the color Rump - a light baby blue. I love that they market their pencils as all-purpose, good for the eyes, lips, or body instead of differentiating them by types. They sent out many shades ranging from this light blue to bright red to basic black and brown. I love this color, so pretty in the waterline with my blue and silver shadows. 


In all honesty, this is the first Glossybox I've been a little disappointed in. It's definitely not a terrible box - the Illamasqua pencil and Kryolan blusher more than pay for the box alone, but it doesn't have the wow factor that my other boxes from them have had. I do think the other box variations were better than this one! However, I am still happy with Glossybox in general, and I'm excited to see what next month brings.

Have you ever tried any of these products? What are your favorite products for the season?





3 comments:

beautydelights said...

looks like Glossybox has become less and less impressive these past couple of months in more than one country.
GB in Canada recently adopted the "North American-wide pricing" so we now also pay $21. i wonder if that means our samples will start looking more similar and if we will also get the magazine...

yousoldtheworld said...

Sigh...I just hope this month is a fluke and things will go back to great next month...this is the first one I've really been disappointed in...but for $21, I am not willing to stick around for more than a couple of disappointing months in a row, y'know?


I didn't know they had changed Canada's pricing, that's interesting...

beautydelights said...

yeah it was $15 before so i am definitely reconsidering GB now that is it a whole $6 jump (that's a whole $72 extra a year!). plus i am subscribed to way too many subscription services as it is.